Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bob Marley

I hate Bob Marley. I realize that this confession may result in me being forever ostracized from my fellow travellers.

It began as a minor annoyance. I like Bob in small doses and find pleasure in some of his lesser played tunes. After two months of travel, my minor quibble has grown into a major gripe. Mr. Marley is quite popular in NZ and Oz but only for three songs. They are played over and over and over and over. Can you name them?

Thus, it was ironic to walk up to our dormroom at the Funkhouse on our first night back in Sydney and discover his face gracing our door. Are the gods of funk trying to tell me something?



No Woman, No Cry
Don't Worry About a Thing
(Thankfully I can only remember two right now. If you think you know the third, please put it in the comment section to assist in annoying me further.)

4 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

every little thing gonna be alright? Just a guess....

Andy

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buffalo soldier?
i shot the sherrif?

Most of the popular stuff sucks...and if you're interested, which you're not, I have a 4 disc box set you can borrow upon return that has songs you might like...but probably not.

I bought the box set in Carbondale, as if that needs any explaning.

-- Bill

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Thanks to both of you. After Andy's post, Joey hummed that song for an entire day.
You may be right about Buffalo Soldier, Bill. I do like some of the not so popular stuff, it just never, ever gets played.
Erin

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take comfort in the fact you are communing with American dishwashers through the ages. A little piece of home...
-eek

 

Post a Comment

<< Home