Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Our Vows


There were some requests at the wedding that we post our vows. These may have been made facetiously but I am proud of them so here they are. As will be evident, we each wrote our own vows.

Joey's Vows
You are my favorite and I love you the most.
I vow to love you until my dying day,
and even old Man Devillier couldn’t drag me away.
I will be with you and share life with you - in the good times and bad.
I look forward to every day of the rest of our lives.
I will cherish our lives together and I promise to tell you so every single day.

I give you this ring as a symbol of the declaration I’ve made in front of our friends and family that I LOVE YOU!
It will a reminder of the vow that I took today and I will be pleased to wear it for the rest of my life.

Erin's Vows
JoJo, in the years that we have known each other, our relationship has passed through many phases – friend of a friend, friend, lover, partner. As we stand here before all of our friends and family to affirm our decision to move to a new phase – married people (hopefully, to be followed by “old married people”) – I make these promises to you:
· I will take care of you and let you take care of me – though some days it is hard to say which is more difficult
· I will cherish your family as I cherish mine – crazy cousins and all
· I will continue to leave piles of books scattered around the house – but with that comes the promise to learn, to travel, to experience new people and ideas
· I will laugh at the peanut joke as long as you keep singing me silly songs every day
· And last, there is no need for you to mention in sickness and in health for everyone here knows what a wonderful man you are – but I also promise to stand beside you always. I love you. There is no where else I would rather be.


The Peanut Joke
So, this peanut was walking down the street. It was a-salted.

2 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, am so glad that you posted your vows...I knew they were very special but needed to reread them to realize how special. Love, MOM

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home