Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Penguin Crossing


On the road from Abel Tasman to Franz Josef & Fox glaciers we came across the sign pictured above. We laughed and laughed, because it looks so preposterous. It is not the season for penguins, so we didn't actually see any. But how funny would it be to be driving down the road and to suddenly have to stop because the road has a flock of penguins crossing.

J

PS - reminds me of a very corny joke: what's black and white and red all over? a penguin with a sunburn.

1 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I love it, it's a sight you just don't get in Idaho. Not to mention, Joey's joke was classic. I laughed out loud. I will have tell that one to my 4th graders...a penguin joke straight from New Zealand(well, kind of). They will love it. Happy New Year!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home