Tuesday, June 19, 2007

England - Jolly and Old

We've arrived in England and are very impressed with how modern (and western) it feels. The amazing thing is, and this is just like Turkey, there are very old buildings and statues right next to very new and modern buildings. It is amazing.

We are staying just outside of the Notting Hill neighborhood near Hyde Park, which includes Kennsington Palace. My favorite part of the park is a pirate ship play structure for kids. Unfortunately, they only let kids on it, so I couldn't jump on the deck and yell "avast ye maties!!" Oh well, maybe next time.
So far, we've done more tourist things than we would typically do, but we didn't think we could get away with coming to London without seeing Buckingham Palace, the Tower Bridge, Big Ben or Westminster Abbey. I wish we could have seen a cricket match or some soccer, but we don't have that much time or cash at this point.

2 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

y'all truly are traveling "around" the world. Did you visit Melinda and family? Mare Mare

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I taught myself to post anonymously. I don't want to cop anyone else's handle, but I just had to say FUN!
--Jeffrey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home