Saturday, July 07, 2007

Driving - Washington

I love the drive across Washington state. Leaving Seattle, you have to go through the Cascade mountains and then there's a lot of desert and then some farming. Erin has done it so many times that she is kind of bored by it, but I get all giddy about seeing the Columbia river gorge and the Wild Horses Monument - and that's just two sites along the way.
I also like seeing the labels that the farmers put up next to their fields to indicate what is growing at the time. In the picture below, you can see (if you have a magnifying glass) that this farm has peppermint. There was a tractor passing through the field doing something, and it smelled incredible.

It only takes about five hours to drive from our house to the Carlsons. I hope the rest of our drive across the country is as exciting.

2 Comments:

At 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've see quite a bit of this country (except for the south, but now that I have family there....) and I have to say, Washington state is one of the most beautiful, ecologically diverse spots in the lower fourty eight.
Colorado is nice, too.
erica

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home