Thursday, October 11, 2007

16 hours of sleep

We landed in London at 6 am local time after flying for about 13 hours. Considering that we had 4 hours of sleep the night before and our seats did not recline, we didn't really get that much sleep over 36 hours of "travel time."

We caught a bus from the airport to Bournemouth, where we were picked up by my uncle Ridwan. He drove us the rest of the way to Dorchester, and we spent the day with my extended family (more details in the next post).

Erin and I decided to stay awake for the whole day, so that we could get adjusted to UK time. However, it did have an impact on us as the day progressed. As Ridwan described, we were "shattered" which is as accurate a description as I can think of. By the end of the day, I don't even think we were speaking in complete sentences any more.

So, we turned in around 8pm, and we got up the following day at NOON. I don't think I've slept that much since college, and to be honest, I could have slept longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home