Friday, October 06, 2006

Last Day of Work Jitters

Today is my last day at Disney. Unfortunately, my life of leisure will not be starting tomorrow. In typical Joey and Erin fashion, we have too many projects and too little time. House projects, thesis revisions, travel arrangements, packing, etc. all await me at home. The next six weeks will be fully packed with to do lists.

That said, this whole trip thing is becoming real. For the past year, it has seemed but a dream -- an often alcohol-tinged dream. I remain pleasantly surprised that what began as a "what if" conversation has developed into a "leaving in six weeks" reality.

Within the next week, we hope to post a tentative itinerary -- one that includes more detail than New Zealand for six weeks, Australia for six weeks, etc. We know that Erica and DaeDae plan to meet us in Italy and Mandi may see us in Northern Europe. We are still waiting for the rest of y'all's suggestions. There is a lot of world out there; we would love to see you along the way.

Erin

2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there world travelers! I look forward to reading the many adventures of Erin and Joey. I loved reading about the foreign countries my brother visited and I'm sure I will love hearing all of your stories. Enjoy! Much love to both of you! - Dena

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there Joey and Erin....I hope that everything has been well thus far. It seems that you guys are going on the journey of a lifetime. I saw where you said that ya'll were going to Cairo. If so...may I suggest Israel and the city of Petra in Jordan. I have been to Israel and it was such an awesome educational trip. If you enjoy culture and history then you will love Israel. Great place. I highly recommend it. And by the way....the actual places that you would go to in Israel are never as "dangerous" as what the media puts out to be (that is as long as you don't go to "known" violent areas). As for the city of Petra, I've never actually been there but it seems to be an very interesting place. It is known as the city within the rock. This is the same place that Indiana Jones went to on the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade(The part when he was entering the temple to attain the Holy Grail). Look it up on the internet. It might be your cup of tea or maybe not. Also I don't know if you guys will be going to Germany but, I heard from a few friends of mine that toured the world at one time or another that it was one of the best places they ever ventured to. I thought that I would take a minute and just put my $.02 in. I hope that ya'll have an awesome trip. I pray that the Lord protects over you guys. Have a blessed time.

David Lafargue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home