Thursday, October 11, 2007

My English Family

When my grandfather was stationed in England, he met a woman and they had a child. Unfortunately, they didn't know about the baby until just a few days prior to him being deployed to Normandy, and he was never able to return to meet his daughter. There were a few letters, but my side of the family did not know about her until she called my dad several years ago.

Malinda had been curious about her American family, but did not make contact until recently and I am so glad that she reached out to us. It has been such a pleasure meeting our English family and getting to know them better.

Erin and I stayed with my cousin, Hamid, and his family while we were in the UK, and we had such a good time getting acquainted in real life as opposed to over e-mail. I hope that we will be able to see them again soon.

Here are a couple of photos and brief descriptions, so that my side of the family can see how everyone is doing.

Uncle Ridwan, Hamid and his two kids, Josephina and Frederick.





Hassana's husband, Hardey, and their son Albert joined us on a hike.

Unfortunately, we didn't get any good photos of everyone. Hassana and Haroon are missing, and Malinda asked that we not put her on the web. I'm respecting her wishes, and sending that photo via e-mail to the American family.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Really great to meet you guys! Told you we would look at your blog...impressed by the speed you update it! All the best Hardey, Hassanah and Albert xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home